This will come off as condescending to anyone easily offended, thankfully I left all the care I have for people’s feelings with my ellesse tracksuit & my dreams of marrying a Spice Girl. Normally I blog about religion & relish the fact I am offending billions of people at once. So it’s a step down just to offend 50% of the youth in the UK, the things I do for you!
I have a small handful of interests, I spend most of my life working, listening to 3-4 podcasts, studying & debating religion, and enjoying politics. I watch films maybe twice a year, TV shows even less. I can watch 20 hours of Breaking Bad or The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones & right before the big reveal I can put it down & genuinely not care for what I’ve missed. In fact, now working from home, I only turn the TV on when my dad pulls up the drive, as he watches the news. I simply don’t have the same interests as the people around me. I love politics, which gets me in front of the TV! Every week without fail (when parliament is in session) I watch Question Time, This Week, Sunday Politics & PMQ’s. I keep up to date with this more than anyone I know, actually the only person I am aware of that has more interest in this subject is a family member who is a politician himself.
With this, I am aghast at the basic, childish & unintelligent babble I’ve seen on facebook due to BREXIT. I am more appalled at the open bigotry from remain voters. Statements like:
“Old people shouldn’t be allowed to sell our future!”
“OAP’s voted out, but the youth voted in, they aren’t even going to be here to experience the outcome!”
“Anyone who voted out is racist scum.”
These people think they are left wing, yet the first statement denies what he call a “human right” to vote, the second nearly follows the path of Eugenics. If old people shouldn’t have the human right to vote on issues less important to them (in your opinion) why let them vote at all? They’re gonna die soon anyway, why not kill them now & be done with it? Ah branding all leave voters racist, I bet you hate when all Muslims are branded terrorists… You see the brilliance of these statements, is that they come from people who think they are left wing because they voted Labour, or Liberal or Green, which really, doesn’t mean much anymore. Regressive Leftists, they are known as. People who believe in liberal values until it doesn’t suit them. For example:
“Gays should have equal rights! And women should be free to choose their own way of life. If you disagree you are a misogynistic bigot!”
“But I’m a Muslim & it’s in my holy book & culture.”
“Oh! I’m sorry, I hope I didn’t infringe on your rights, don’t call me an Islamophobe.”
“Everyone should have the vote, even prisoners, it is an human right for all equal citizens! It’s fundamental to our democracy! Wait what? Brexit won? Old people swung the vote? Remove old people from the ballot! This referendum isn’t legally binding. Fuck democracy when it doesn’t suit me. Let’s petition for a new referendum!”
You get the point I hope. If you have thought any of these things, you are more right wing than you are left – you just don’t know it because what used to exist as strict political leanings, doesn’t anymore. The Daily Mail used to be ultra right wing, barely ever told the truth. But if a terrorist attack happens in Time Square, by a man with an ISIS Flag, whilst he screams “Praise be to Allah.” The only paper that will hint at his motive, is the Daily Mail. Which is shocking, it makes me sick that we have let reason fall in the hands of unreasonable outlets.
Here are a few lines I read on facebook, from friends of mine, who are, some of them, highly intelligent.
- Without the EU CFP, there won’t be any fish!
- Clearly our country has taken to hate & racism.
- I’m ashamed at the UK, what have we become? Where is the love.
- I don’t care what it says, I will always be European!
- The UK is now not the 5th largest economy in the world, France has overtaken us! Nice one Brexit.
- Only ISIS, Donald Trump & Putin agree with Leave, you wanna be in that group? pfft.
- Liverpool wouldn’t exist without the EU!
- EU gives us workers rights, 52 weeks maternity pay & equal pay. If we leave this will all go!
- I can’t believe this country is 52% racist. Blaming immigrants for your problems, how smart.
And now here is why everyone of them is so, demonstrably idiotic.
- There is more than one ocean, even if we over-fish to the point of extinction in EU waters, we would just import from foreign seas. I’m not being over the top, I asked to clarify & this person genuinely told me that fish would cease to exist. Furthermore, the EU sat on its ass whilst they allowed the Mediterranean Sea & others to be fished dry. When 3 top EU nations began to fight over fishing rights due to an impending shortage – the EU stepped in, implementing the CFP (common fishery policy), 40 years too late. They didn’t care before hand. 7.5% of all marine life in EU waters are threatened with extinction. This might sound like a small number to you, but this includes 40% of all Sharks & Reys. The EU didn’t fight for this from day one, it only reformed itself after 40 years of saying “Fuck Off”. It didn’t care for animals or the environment, sound left wing to you? Oh, this is the same way it only reformed itself in favour of the UK when David Cameron told the EU he would hold a referendum if no reform is made – forcing their hand, they took the bait & still gave him 4/5th’s of fuck all. Lastly on this point – the lovely EU also tried to impose austerity on all failing EU states – Just like our Tories – If you forgot about that, ask a Greek.
- Our country has not taken to hate and racism. I was a green voting, secular, anti-racist, anti-bigot, liberal & proud grandchild of an immigrant on Thursday before I voted Brexit. On Friday Morning, I was exactly the same. In the 2015 General Election 44,722,000 were registered to vote. Only 66.1% did so. Which means 29,561,441 people voted. Out of those, only 12.6% voted UKIP (which would be called right-wing, in truth a centre right party, akin to the Tories of the 1960-90’s) The most well known, and truly right-wing, hate mongering party, the British National Party received just 1,667 votes. Yes, we are all racist bastards it seems, even though our only racist party got a measly 0.0037% of the vote. Based on sheer statistics the vast majority of leave voters were Labour & Conservative voters.
- Ashamed of the UK? For what you perceive as racism? See point 2. For wanting to have power over our own country, how is that shameful. We have no right to stop convicted rapists, murderers, thieves or criminals of all stripes walking past our border security providing that they have an EU passport & they are not known to be a risk to the public at this current moment. This is not sound policy. Remember Arnis Zalkalns? The Latvian who served 7 years for murdering his wife? He came to the UK in 2007, he posed no known threat – yano he was only a killer. Well he not only got himself arrested in 2009 on suspicion of indecent assault of a 14 year old, but 5 years later he murdered 14 year old Alice Gross – she lay at the bottom of the River Bent for 5 weeks. Now I don’t believe that foreigners commit more crimes, I understand this is a minority. But this murder & thousands of other sexual assaults & crimes of a lesser nature are utterly preventable, if we have a common sense approach to our safety. You don’t leave your wallet open on the bar & then go for a piss do you? You wouldn’t invite a stranger into your home, but as long as someone has a passport & aren’t screaming “Death to the UK” you find it completely normal for them to enter the country. It is insanity. If all migrants had a 1 week visa application, then we could route out the people we don’t want & welcome with open arms the fine, hard working people who are being tarnished by a minority of criminals. I am not ashamed of the UK, I ashamed of our border security. Where is the love? I don’t see it missing, I still love Europe. I still love Europeans. I just don’t think a failing economic group is any good – furthermore I can’t think of what the fuck it has to do with Love or Europeans.
- Yes, shockingly, you are still European, you still get to enter Euro-vision & get to watch the England Football Team fail in the Euros. We didn’t shift on our tectonic plates away to another continent, we literally asked in a referendum to leave a financial trading block, which happens to consist of neighboring countries – that is all. The EU began as an economic trading platform, it then expanded into a bureaucratic entity that diluted democracy from 1 vote in 44 million, to 1 vote in 500 million. I’ve got just as much odds as winning the Euro-millons than having my political grievances heard. 26 other nations with different political views, parties, democratic systems & cultures get to veto on the rest of a continents affairs. In no way does this make any sense. You can’t get your partner to happily agree on a place to eat tonight, but you can get 27 countries to happily agree on foreign policy interests. Good luck. Why should I have a say on Polish policy? Or French policy? How dare I encroach on their sovereignty?
- Yes, France overtook the UK as the 5th largest economy in the world… for 15 minutes between 6.20am & 6.35am. By 6.36am Sterling had began to stabalise & we settled back as the 5th largest economy on the planet & the second largest in the EU. Stop pulling your hair out, stop cutting yourself – stop believing whatever bollocks you read on facebook. Yes the £ is still low, but we are now in a better position than before the recession, we actually have 10x our capital just in case & a “save me” fund of £250b. (The fall in sterling has lowered the interest rate on mortgages by 0.5% to 0% & will make exporting cheaper. As long as it doesn’t cause inflation, which we control – we will be laughing.
- How you found out ISIS supported Brexit I don’t know. An argument from authority fallacy is saying “I know 2+2=4, but my Math teacher just told me it was 68, so it must be true…” No, although experts have knowledge on a subject, it’s best to use your own reason & check their track record. The majority of the Bankers, financial groups & experts who said Brexit would put the UK into recession were the same ones who drove the globe into a recession that they didn’t see coming. The same experts who thought the Euro would be stable & that when the UK asked not to join the currency warned it would “tank out whole economy”. How did that work out Ireland, Greece, Spain, Italy & France? Two of which went bankrupt, 2 two of which have up to 20% unemployment & over 100% GDP debt. And France, being the most visited nation on earth has had a stagnant economy for several decades. Saying “Donald Trump wants to vote one way, so I must vote the other,” ignores the subject completely. What is the vote on? Hair products & humility? IGNORE HIM. Self love & narcissism – listen up! Just because someone is bad doesn’t mean they are wrong on any or every issue. Hitler may have been a vegetarian, but he was a bad fucking guy. Stalin enjoyed a glass of water – that doesn’t mean you should now refuse water at all costs. Reversing the argument from authority logical fallacy, is a fallacy within itself.
- Liverpool wouldn’t exist without the EU? Liverpool was built on the EU? hhmm and there was me thinking it was built on the Atlantic Slave Trade.
- The EU gives some workers rights, but equally some of these rights are offered, not guaranteed & can be dismissed by employees if they so choose. The work time directive supposedly stops slave labour by making sure employers INFORM their employees that working over 48 hours a week on average is illegal – that is unless they would like to opt out at any time… I personally worked in a factory near my home, I was one of two English speakers. Hundreds of lovely, hard working polish (& other nationalities) who were in my opinion treated like vermin. I saw a girl around 18 years old with blood dripping from her hands, due to ripping cardboard boxes for 9 hours (with a 15 minute break). She couldn’t speak English, so struggled to ask for gloves, when a colleague helped translate, she was told no. I was also told no. I finished my shift & never went back – sadly those poor immigrants don’t have as many options as I. I sat in my “interview” & watched a superior tick a box opting out of the work time directive for an employee, a Nigerian woman who didn’t speak a word of English & didn’t notice she was just opted into a slave hours contract. She also couldn’t fill her application form, didn’t know how to spell her own name & took 15 minutes to figure out her Date of Birth – I think she lied. This is the great protection that migrants get in EU countries? You hear about it on TV and listen to Labour politicians spout how proud they are about it – but I’ve seen it first hand. And it is disgusting. Oh and maternity rights! they were invented & protected by the EU? WRONG. The EU began in 1958 in an economic sense – Maternity grants were available to British women in 1919. EU law gives women at least 14 weeks maternity leave. The British government gives 52 weeks. This lie was spread on a labour poster by the remain campaign by the way – Why do you think Boris Johnson thought he could lie? Because if it’s good for the goose… If some women voted remain because they actually thought they would lose maternity leave under the Tories – now that is true project fear.
- If you think that a majority of your own country are racist, nasty, anti-immigrant, anti-inclusion, small/narrow minded, unintelligent, easily led by lies of the Leave campaign – just because they voted differently to you. Then you need to take a good hard look at yourself.
noun: a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions or beliefs.
You are bigots. I personally believe everyone voted in their own interest & I hoped they were educated enough to do so. Facebook regressive leftists have proven me wrong. I don’t think they all fell victim of project fear, I don’t think they are all unpatriotic or unloving of their country & history. They all, I am sure, had many different reasons why they wanted to remain in the EU – and I bloody well respect them for doing so. I just disagree. But based on the anecdotal evidence of seeing every single post on facebook by remainers – and not seeing one intelligent point for staying other than “They don’t have a plan”. I have to say, I can’t wait until this is over & they can go back to posting statuses about their partners, pictures from holidays, youtube clips & rants like:
“Urgh can’t believe that bitch”
“What happened hun?”
“It’s personal, I’ll inbox you.”
I have visited the top facebook Brexit moaners – I only have to go one week back & they suddenly lose their political fury. In fact 100% (in my investigation) only chat bollocks about politics when a politician fucks a pig (allegedly) or an election is imminent. Bandwagon wankers.
I dislike UKIP, I hate Nigel Farage & Boris Johnson & Michael Gove. They don’t represent me – anymore than David Cameron, Tony Blair & Anjem Choudary represents you (They all voted remain.
Don’t even get me started on giving 16 year old’s the vote. You must be fucking mad.